A senior photography workshop for women.
Find the light. Be the light.
January 10-12, 2019
Yucca Valley, CA
Authentic Spanish adobe meets desert revival. This spacious five acre property is aptly named "El Paraiso del los Suenos" (Paradise of Dreams), not only for the inspiration that the space will conjure but the soundness of sleep it serenity and solitude provides. Nestled in a nook of Joshua Tree National Park that even the locals don't know about, this space is for the desert connoisseur.
Above images copyright The "El Paraiso del los Suenos" (Paradise of Dreams)
Meet Your Teacher
I usually prefer to let my actions speak as to who I am and what I am all about rather than "tell" people in an awkward, self promoting introduction. But, if you haven't been following me on Instagram or Facebook you probably have no idea who I am and what I'm about. So that being said, I figured I would take this opportunity to give you a little idea of what my philosophie is in regards to my work and well, life in general.
Photography for me, is an outlet. A way to say the things that I can't say as well with words. I struggle with words....always have. What I CAN do, is tell the story I want with my photography. I am so thankful to have found that voice and I am so excited to share all I've learned with you.
Some random things about me and what I believe.
- I'm authentic AF.
- I believe in truth.
- We are all equals on this earth and we are all deserving of love and happiness.
- Everyone has a story.
- Usually the mean people are the ones who are hurting the most.
- We are never done learning.
- It's better to give than to receive but it's totally okay to receive.
- It's about the people. It's always about the people.
I hope you will join me in the desert.
Who is this workshop for?
The ideal attendee is someone who wants to take their business to the next level and 'find the spark’ - both in their work and within. Attendees should have a general working knowledge of their camera and settings with the ability to shoot in manual.
Do you look at your work and feel like something is missing? Do you sometimes feel like you're just going through the motions with your sessions. Are you bored with your work? In a rut?
I've been there.
My goal for this workshop, in addition to providing actionable business items, is for the attendees to leave with a better understanding as to what may be holding them back from the success and fulfillment they desire from their photography.
Spark is an intimate workshop (no more than 10 attendees).
- 2 nights accommodations at El Paraiso del los Suenos. The sleeping arrangements will be "slumber party" style. There are 2 beds, 3 portable mattresses and a pull out. Depending on how many attendees there are, some or all of us may need to share a bed.
- Styled Shoot at El Paraiso del los Suenos. This house is incredible and a photographer's dream shoot location.
- Private Facebook Group.
What’s Not Included.
- Travel costs.
- Transportation to and from the airport. Palm Springs International Airport a 38 minute drive from Yucca Valley. Uber is an option if you would rather not rent a car.
- Posing - Editorialize your work by adding motion and emotion to your images.
- Editing - I will walk you through my workflow from upload to finished image.
- Pricing and Sales - Learn to strategize your pricing to get the average you need to meet your goals. I will take you through how I doubled my sales average in one year.
- Lighting - Shooting and editing sun flare. Shooting full sun.
- Inspiration - Finding your style and making your work yours.
- The Feels - Learn how to create images that make you FEEL something.
- What’s holding you back? - Yep, we’re going to go there. Get ready to dig deep and figure out what you need to do to get the heck out of your own way so you can be successful!
Register by February 15th to save $100!